Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: GOD WILL COME TO YOU ONLY AS YOU GIVE HIM TO YOUR BROTHERS ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Raj excerpt - April 4, 2009 - a ten minute meditation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

garlyn
Posted 2020-02-10 4:47 PM (#234089)
Subject: Raj excerpt - April 4, 2009 - a ten minute meditation

Raj excerpt - April 4, 2009

I encourage you this week to meditate daily and meditate only for about ten minutes on this one point. 

I want you to become still . . . as still as you can . . . and then for about ten minutes, I want you just to abide with the thought that you on your own, by means of your very best thinking or worst thinking, cannot know the truth. And that anything you do from that standpoint will be self-deception! 

It sounds awful. Because it sounds like it’s a judgment against you. But it’s not. It’s not a judgment at all. It doesn’t say anything about your inherent or innate presence or validity. All it says is, that if you try to do something in this fashion, it won’t work. And in the knowing that it won’t work and that it never has, and that the only result that has ever been has been self-deception, which means that you’ve been ignorant, all you have to do is stop doing that in order to escape the ignorance. 

So instead of being an awful judgment against you, it’s a stepping stone out of an illegitimate experience of being, one that it’s not your Birthright to be experiencing and one which you need to be free of. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software