Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If we share the same mind, you can overcome death because I did. ~~ Text
- (Added by: Carson)

Well... here it is... the New year 20/20
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Gentleness
Posted 2020-01-01 12:33 PM (#233562 - in reply to #233560)
Subject: RE: Well... here it is... the New year 20/20

The Attraction of Death

"We are reading about the Obstacles to Peace. And as I mentioned last week, with all of the specific details that are covered, it may sound like the subject is everything other than peace. But the fact is, all of these relate to peace as being the primary state of Being through which and in which one Awakens—through which and in which the miracle occurs.

Now, as you will remember, the first obstacle was The Desire to Get Rid of It—meaning peace. The second obstacle was The Belief the Body is Valuable for What It Offers. And tonight we’re beginning with the third obstacle:

The Attraction of Death

Now, there are four obstacles and they are presented in the order in which they are most easily undone. And that’s the point! That’s the reason for considering each of them—not so that you might be impressed with how horrible and insurmountable the obstacles are, but rather, that they are to be undone and how to undo them so that … what? Peace returns as the foundation and the superstructure of your conscious experience of Being.

Now I’m going to back up to the beginning of the last paragraph we read last week. It begins:

It is not given to the ego’s disciples to realize that they have dedicated THEMSELVES to death.

Wow … it continues:

Freedom is offered them, but they have not accepted it, and what is offered must also be received, to be truly given. For the Holy Spirit, too, is a communication medium, receiving from the Father and offering His messages unto the Son. Like the ego, the Holy Spirit is both the sender and the receiver. For what is sent through Him RETURNS to Him, seeking itself along the way, and finding what it seeks. So does the ego find the death IT seeks, returning it to YOU.

Now it’s important, when you’re reading the Course, not to gloss quickly over the things hard to understand, or the things you don’t really want to consider, and get on to the more positive things.

And so, when this paragraph starts out by saying …

It is not given to the ego’s disciples to realize that they have dedicated THEMSELVES to death…

… it’s like, “[Groan] … that’s about all the further I want to go into that!” And then what the next sentence says:

Freedom is offered them, but they have not accepted it…

“Wow! Freedom has been offered! I’m going to glom onto that. I’m going to reach for that. I’m going to give my attention to that, and I’m going to feel better than I was feeling when I read:

It is not given to the ego’s disciples to realize that they have dedicated THEMSELVES to death…

“I’m not going to dwell on that.”

Well, you’re going to have to dwell on it. Because understanding what it means is essential to your being able to do … what? Undo it. Release it. Become unbound by it!

So, pretty heavy-handed, I would say: The ego’s disciples …

… have dedicated THEMSELVES to death.

Well, let’s be grounded … let’s be practical … let’s be sober.

Who of you has absolute confidence that you will not die? How many of you have confidence that you will not die?

How many of you feel, right now, that you are being, and it will be uninterrupted by death—no variation will occur [as] it has with almost everyone else except for the handful who have ascended or translated?

If you know that you’re going to die, then you are one of the ego’s disciples who is dedicated to death!

What’s the saying? “The only sure thing is death and taxes.”

So, you know what? You’re already disciples of the ego. And you are already dedicated to death because you’re absolutely sure that it’s going to happen to you. Of course, there will be another lifetime where you will return to Heaven and your life will not have ended. And so, therefore, you don’t mind being absolutely sure that you’re going to die out of this experience.

Man, that’s dedication! That’s commitment! You are bound with a certainty—the certainty of your inner decision about it. So you’re already in it. And you have just found a way to describe it so that it’s not as distressing as it might otherwise be. You see?

One way or another it’s a certainty, and you have arrived at a certain amount of peace about it. And that peace is false. And that peace disallows for correction to occur. It disallows for this obstacle to peace to be destroyed. And yet that’s the call.

You are the holy Sons and Daughters of God, who, somewhere along the line, decided with another to pay more attention to your own thoughts than the Thoughts of God. And so you forgot who you were and you forgot your function.

And now here you are living in an experience that is full of sin, sickness and death. And you think it’s normal. You think it’s the way God set it up. And, as I’ve said, you’ve built a story around it—many stories around it—that make it a more comfortable experience.

This Course is not here to make you comfortable in an illusion until the illusion is over, because the illusion won’t be over until you abandon it! And you won’t abandon it until you look squarely at it and see how you are engaging with it. You see?

So don’t be afraid to look soberly at it.

“Well,” someone says, “how come nobody else who is teaching the Course is saying this? How come everyone else who studies the Course believes that death is inevitable?” It doesn’t really matter. What matters is that I am teaching that it is not inevitable and I am bringing out the ways in which the Course intends to undo the obstacle. Why? So that you shall never see death!

“He that believeth on me shall never see death!”

That’s my declaration. That’s my promise. That’s the simple truth. Death is to be undone. And the Course has no different purpose from that. If death is not inevitable, then it means that sickness that leads to death is not inevitable. And it means that sin—the attempt to do something that can’t be done with commitment—that is to be undone as well.

That means what? A lot of things. It means ever-present health. It means no signs of aging. More than that, as you engage in the holy instant and lean into the Father’s Perspective by asking of the Holy Spirit, “What is the truth here?” you set into motion your capacity to see the truth. And by that I mean, in the transformation of your awareness as it is infilled with the inspired truth that the Holy Spirit provides, you will find what you would call physical evidence of correction of all that wasn’t real, all that were misperceptions—like aging.

And so you would say you’re experiencing “youthing”—the return of better symmetry, more perfect form in outline and color. You see?

You should be going through your day, every day, with an expectation of eternal Life showing up in practical language of perception, now … and not just reading the Course and glossing over the hard parts and getting to the sweet and beautiful parts that allow you some peace and comfort without correcting a darn thing! You see?

The word, “correction” means something changes. A call for correction is a call for a change. Where? Right in the middle of your experience. We could call it, “the human experience.” But actually, it’s right in the middle of your divine experience and revealing, uncovering, the divinity of it more clearly to you in your conscious awareness. This is what it’s about!..."

Raj

May 17, 2015

Edited by Gentleness 2020-01-01 12:43 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software