Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The prayer that reforms the sinner and heals the sick is an absolute faith that all things are possible to God, a spiritual understanding of Him -- an unselfed Love. Mary Baker Eddy
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Gentleness
Posted 2019-11-28 11:52 AM (#232923 - in reply to #232921)
Subject: RE: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

"It is a time this week on part of your globe for specific attention to be given to Thanksgiving—the expression of gratitude—and specifically, the acknowledgement of the evidences of God’s Love that you have experienced since the last Thanksgiving.

Now, I want to point out a principle here tonight. It lies in the statement, “Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” Now notice, it doesn’t say you will find yourself made free and then you will know the truth. No. The principle I’m expressing tonight is that there is an order to this: “Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.”

What does that say? It says that freedom is gained by knowing the truth, which necessarily means that the truth must be known while you lack freedom if the result is going to be the gaining of freedom.

In other words, knowing the truth will be something not easy to do from a state of bondage. To know the truth will make you free but an investment of faith in truth must be expressed when there seems not to be justification for it. Then, in the reception and experience of it, comes the freedom.

This was obviously illustrated when I raised Lazarus. Because everyone was sure he was dead and gone for good. And before I called Lazarus forth, what did I do? I said, “Thank you Father.” Ah-h, an expression of gratitude with no justification for gratitude before there was justification for gratitude. “Thank you Father, for I know that Thou hearest me always.”

Faith in the truth had to be expressed before the evidence of it—before its transformational evidence could appear.

Now I want to finesse the word, “Thanksgiving” a little bit before we continue further. Thanksgiving is acknowledgement of truth, isn’t it, acknowledgement of the evidence of the love of God...."

Raj

November 26, 2011

Edited by Gentleness 2019-11-28 11:58 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software