Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: RIGHT NOW YOU'RE CONFRONTED WITH REALITY. NO MATTER HOW YOU ARE PERCEIVING IT, YOU ARE CONFRONTED WITH REALITY, YOU'RE CONFRONTED WITH THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE FOR YOU TO BE EXPERIENCING.~~Raj
- (Added by: amena)

A testimony
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

garlyn
Posted 2019-11-25 4:32 PM (#232876 - in reply to #232871)
Subject: Re: Another way to look at it

Hi Fran,

Yes, the need for relief from pain did present the opportunity to practice praying. The sudden idea to pray was unexpected -- I was so busy trying to get ready for a trip and in the back of my mind also wondering how I'd manage to get around while away and how I'd manage the 5+ hour drive under the circumstances. I can't say that I was aware of doing anything myself with this other than saying 'yes' to the idea of prayer and then willingness to surrender to what was coming up. I was more of a witness. It all seemed to flow naturally and I somehow was able to keep all my attention on what was presented in mind without my own extraneous thoughts coming up. I was so extremely grateful for the healing. I don't recall ever having an experience like that before, and it helped me have more faith in what seemed like the simplicity of it and in Truth. I could not take any credit for it other than putting aside my will and having no expectations.

Love, Lynn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software