Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "BE ... and by Being ... heal the sick." ~ Raj

A testimony
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

garlyn
Posted 2019-11-25 4:32 PM (#232876 - in reply to #232871)
Subject: Re: Another way to look at it

Hi Fran,

Yes, the need for relief from pain did present the opportunity to practice praying. The sudden idea to pray was unexpected -- I was so busy trying to get ready for a trip and in the back of my mind also wondering how I'd manage to get around while away and how I'd manage the 5+ hour drive under the circumstances. I can't say that I was aware of doing anything myself with this other than saying 'yes' to the idea of prayer and then willingness to surrender to what was coming up. I was more of a witness. It all seemed to flow naturally and I somehow was able to keep all my attention on what was presented in mind without my own extraneous thoughts coming up. I was so extremely grateful for the healing. I don't recall ever having an experience like that before, and it helped me have more faith in what seemed like the simplicity of it and in Truth. I could not take any credit for it other than putting aside my will and having no expectations.

Love, Lynn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software