Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I’ve decided that I’m going to approach this time with an expectation that the world is my ally, and I’m watching for it to identify it’s friendship, I’m watching for my good to unfold."-RAJ
- (Added by: Graeme)

Good day, friends...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

judyh
Posted 2019-11-23 11:30 AM (#232837 - in reply to #232834)
Subject: RE: Good day, friends... "Relationships are the crucible of awakening."

Expert

Ok, I keep writing you responses...this happened yesterday too and then I completely lose it on this computer.  

So suffice to say what you've written is the perfect demonstration of how our knee jerk responses...and where better to have those than relationships, eh?...point us right back to the listening.  The choppy surface of the emotions give way to the depths and the quieter below the the surface of the ocean.  From separation so many things can look...and feel...threatening. 

It brings up the susceptibility of consciousness that's been coming to my attention for a while now.  I had my own knee jerk reaction this week.  And like you, I didn't need to just write it off or dismiss it, like the old school way of sending the child to it's room, but I had to meet it, in love, to embrace what was happening, the hurt...and for a few hours, discomfort.  It brought up fears too, that had been lingering there.  

One thing I want to add here is that I've been guided back to UG Krishnamurti (not to be confused with JK Krishnamurti, also a spiritual teacher) because I think of what he shares about the body.  He has said things that speak to me about how the body is at peace, and the mind imposes on it.  Much like the course says.  I notice sometimes that my mind can be wound up about something, and then my body gets tense.  But I notice the body actually has no upset with it, no objection to it.  It's not afraid really.  If you or anyone reading this is interested, his books Mind is a Myth and the Mystique of Enlightenment are all online now in pdf form.

Edited by judyh 2019-11-23 11:34 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software