Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Accepting the Atonement for yourself means not to give support to someone's dream of sickness and of death. ~~ Text
- (Added by: Carson)

Good day, friends...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

judyh
Posted 2019-11-21 1:44 PM (#232803 - in reply to #232799)
Subject: Re: Good day, friends...No.2

Expert

Frances Law - 2019-11-21 4:05 AM As I see it if Paul wishes this to be a viable site where we each feel a sense of brotherhood we need more intimate contact that doesn't feel like a sermon but a sharing....as I have with the Course group I attend at A.R.E when this class started about 15 yrs. ago the teacher (an ex Priest) followed the lessons getting to know the book and each other and gradually we began to share our experiences trying to work the Course in our lives until now it is (a happening) we never know who will attend or what may occur. We follow the book...using a few paragraphs that propel us in wherever the "Spirit" leads....always starting and ending with a circle of holding hands that recently was shown the importance of....that is what has happen here it seems we have lost the intimacy....Can we get it back? Love to all Fran

Thanks so much for both of your responses, Fran.  

You bring up an interesting question, what constitutes intimacy?  

This is something I've been curious about for a few years now, as relationships and situations have changed.  

I used to think...operative word there...that "intimacy" meant an exchange of sharing closeness exclusively between people...whether physical or emotional.  If culturally intimacy is thought of as only being between people, I recall the enounter groups of the 60's and how they broke taboos of sharing what had been kept hidden.  And new ways of relating to one another came into being.  Truer ways of being.  Closer.  More intimate.  And now anyone with a social media has a platform to share anything and everything.  It's a new kind of involvement. So involvement evolves.   

As the Holy Instant is practiced, the active vigilance to let God in, another kind of intimacy with life has revealed itself.  It seems to broaden and deepen both the definition of intimacy and the experience of it itself.  If love is the recognition of that which is real in each and everything, our experience is more filled with that love in the practicing.  

We have shared much over the years about the experience of that increasing depth and breadth here at TGP. How we watch the birds or how life and people and all things feel closer somehow.  A new kind of intimacy.  It isn't as easy to talk about, this new kind of intimacy we feel invited to as we practice the Holy Instant...it may have been easier to talk about the resistance to it!  But as it is let in, I can't help but notice that it's nature reveals that it IS shared, that Reality is shared, in a connective tissue kind of a way that maybe we are just beginning to glean.  

So I wonder have we lost the intimacy here?...or are we just in new territory with it all?  Are we, each of us,  involved with our family of mankind in a new way, on a new basis?  Are we feeling a new depth of love and being with our world that might not make for as much discussion, but that is fulfilling? 

Edited by judyh 2019-11-21 1:49 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software