Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "waking up is about finding the Truth.......... healing is embracing the world by finding God there." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Good day, friends...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

judyh
Posted 2019-11-19 2:48 PM (#232776)
Subject: Good day, friends...

Expert

Just saying hello and making contact with any and all that might still be visiting here these days.  

Recently I got an email from someone expressing sadness that there is not as much sharing at TGP as there used to be. Though I responded to them,  I'll quote a little here to help me with my quandary today:

I am disappointed that most everyone who likes Raj has pretty much stopped coming to tgp and sharing there.  It is taking me a while to adapt.  I was so certain that we truly all believed in Love and that we had strong connections in that and that because of this we would each feel to continue in brotherly support of one another.  I've been sad and rather disoriented too about that not being the case there."

It's lead me to wonder, do we need more connection here?

I too can have sadness sometimes when the form of things change...both in life and with all things Raj.  And I've noticed others do too.  When there was no more paper newsletter, people missed that.  When there were meetings but no more private conversations, people missed those.  I have been forced in my own life to discern the difference between what is nostalgia for things past and what is life/God moving me forward to embrace more, to live more in the unknown ...and ultimately to BE more.  And also to glean what is the actual real need in the midst of it all...? 

I actually DO still feel the strong connections and brotherly sisterly support of one another of everyone not only here but that have listened to Raj, that have been touched deeply by what has been shared, and is grateful for all that has been given.  I also feel that those of us who have posted a lot in the past also STILL DO feel this love and embrace of one another.  And I would add that the embrace has extended to the world over, to all of our brothers and sisters, not just the ones here that we have spent many years sharing and learning with.  And wasn't THAT Raj's goal all the time...? Sneaky !

Recently Raj shared this contemplation: "The Holy Instant is about changing your mind- changing your mind about what your mind is for."  I felt that this was so profound.  In Graduation he talks about our different use of our mind in being companioned with, how communion causes a change of perception that ultimately gives way to a change of identity.  I feel that this is happening to us.  So in a way, is there less to talk about it because it shifts how we walk through the world and be with everything and everyone?  The most recent Adyashanti free download...Ending the Game of Illusion https://www.adyashanti.org/store/media/audio-downloads/ending-the-ga... ... compared it to the silence we feel when we come upon a deer in the forest and look and observe it. (it's in the second half of the talk).  

I wonder too if instead of "believing" in the love as the email ponders, we are actually BEing more the love in our lives and situations?  This is feeling very real to me lately.  How about for others here?  And how can we still be the love here...with one another...and meet whatever need there is to support one another to see God in our brothers and sisters eyes?  How is all this landing with any and all of you?  I'd love to hear.  Thanks.

Edited by judyh 2019-11-21 2:08 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software