Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Let him who seeks, not cease seeking until he finds, and when he finds, he will be troubled, and when he has been troubled, he will marvel and he will reign over all.” ~~ (Jesus, Gospel of Thomas)
- (Added by: Vector8)

Bringing a new post by DesertLily up from a thread at bottom of page
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

garlyn
Posted 2019-10-08 9:01 AM (#232457)
Subject: Bringing a new post by DesertLily up from a thread at bottom of page

Below is the link and copy of the text from an additional post to a thread started by William. The original thread is towards the bottom of the page now, and I am bringing this latest entry to the top, as I am glad it is one I did not miss. Thank you for what you shared, DesertLily.  

https://www.nwffacim.org/tgp/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=49209&mid=232450#M232450

Dear William, 

I had to laugh a couple of times as I read your post, or more accurately, your rant, as I can completely relate. I’d love to meet someone who has applied what we are learning and has fully awakened, overcoming death, illness and the ignorance of the human condition. In the meantime, I am sticking with what we are learning because the limited human condition is certainly not enough. 

Over the years, I have experienced some unexplainable healings, at least from the medical perspective. Being impatient and perhaps somewhat defiant by nature, I did not accept the medical diagnoses and in time the supposedly irreparable conditions disappeared.

Now I am facing this thing called aging, which appears as grey hairs and wrinkles but mostly tight muscles and crunching joints. When I experience any form of physical discomfort, I remind myself that I am actually Mind, whole, perfect—God in Expression, and if what I experience is not whole and perfect, then I must be experiencing an incorrect version of who/what I am. To focus on the appearance of wrinkles is to make the error real. Since aging is a linear, time-related process, it exists only in the human condition. Our wholeness, our perfection, our ability to be from Mind is infinite and not bound by time, therefore it is available right now. 

Sometimes I get pissed off at myself for being so dense, for not progressing faster on this life-long awakening journey, so I remind myself: Is this how a loving Father/Mother would treat a Child? Then I turn to guidance and let myself feel the love of those who are standing in support of our efforts. I give myself a break, sometimes a pat on the back, and I keep moving forward because anything less than wholeness is unacceptable. 

Whenever I become distracted with a body issue, I redirect my attention to the fact that I am more than body; I am, in fact, Mind. But this can only work when two conditions are in place: I must first be at peace, and, above all, I must be ready to love myself. Being angry and impatient and frustrated with myself is just another ego delaying manoeuvre. 

“I am Mind” has become like a mantra of sorts which I savour while out for my walks or as often as I can throughout the day. This is the right place to focus my attention; it feels good, and right. 

Although I probably haven’t been around long enough to declare that death has been overcome, perhaps aging has slowed a bit. Maybe this is a quirk of “older generations”, but I like discounts when I shop. Whenever I go out with the intention of taking advantage of senior’s discounts, I have to bring my driver’s permit, even if I don’t have a car anymore. I always get dinged for ID. LOL. 

Maybe.... just maybe....   

Thank you for this post and thank you all for sharing. The journey is easier when you meet other pioneers along the way...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software