Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "My Father gives all power unto me." ~~ Wkb
- (Added by: Carson)

*he who holds his brother's hand ...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

garlyn
Posted 2019-10-08 10:12 AM (#232458 - in reply to #232455)
Subject: RE: a youtube link to the video ...

((Barbara)), sending love to you.

I just listened again to the song. One thing I notice is that while my heart is being filled and uplifted with the song’s inspiring message, the experience gets interrupted by a contrasting emotion of heartache as memories of times I did not fully show up come to mind. I needed to look at that. But rather than using it to berate myself, noticing that the contrast of what brings the feeling of joy and what brings the emotion of heartache further highlights the absolute truth of the song's message -- fulfilling my function, holding my brother's hand, fulfilling needs —  is my joy. It’s not that I was not aware of that, but the song is such a wonderful reminder that in every moment, right now, that is my purpose. I have been so grateful for the times when someone showed up to walk along with me in times of need. We are all a part of that One song.

Random quote: "THE ONLY PLACE YOUR JOY CAN COME FROM . . . IS FROM THE JOY YOU'VE GIVEN YOUR BROTHER FIRST." ~~ Raj

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software