Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "projection is a Divine Law of Being. God .... in the Act of Creation.... is projecting what He is............ but not outside of Himself...... and He experiences His projection and recognizes Himself in it." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Pamela, re broken tape: 1990 Princeville HI
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

William Daniels
Posted 2019-01-09 2:18 PM (#230842)
Subject: Pamela, re broken tape: 1990 Princeville HI

Veteran

First: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK TO MAKE RAJ EASILY AVAILABLE!!!

Second: I have repaired broken cassette audio tapes with "scotch" style tape, placed on the back side of the audio tape. Works perfectly.

Simply, tape a short section of scotch tape, sticky side up on a flat work surface.

Pull both ends of the broken audio tape out of the cassette, enough to be able to manipulate both ends.

Cassettes I'm aware of, are held together with screws, in case there is difficulty pulling the audio tape ends out. Be aware of other pieces inside the cassette.

Both ends must be pulled from the same "hole" in the cassette.

Reassemble the cassette.

Don't twist the ends.

On the BACK side of the audio tape, place each end, perfectly in line with the other, half way over the scotch tape, touching, not overlapping.

Trim the scotch tape with an "Exacto" type knife.

Wind the audio tape back into the cassette.

This all needs to be done fairly precisely. I have done it successfully.

I'm good at this kind of stuff. If you need me to do it, you may send it to me and I will do it.

Again, Thanks Pamela,

I love you,

William
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software