Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "REMEMBER: WITNESSING ON BEHALF OF YOUR BROTHER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LIKING OR DISLIKING HIM. IT HAS TO DO WITH CARING ENOUGH TO CONTEMPLATE THE TRUTH . . . RIGHT IN THE FACE OF HIS BEHAVIOR. THIS IS LOVE WHICH IS TRANSFORMATIONAL." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Authority problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-14 8:06 PM (#2278 - in reply to #2225)
Subject: RE: BUT~RE: From Raj ACIM tape on 2-6-03

hi Sandra

To answer your question, I offer you these words in the spirit of love, if they resonate with you, that is good. If they do not, that is good. I am One with you in my Father.

I believe the other way is to finally ......right at this moment, this instant, to realise that as Raj tells us, as the course he patiently and exactly dictated tells us, the issue is NEVER what we perceive it to be.

Right now, we perceive, life and death, we perceive war and peace, we perceive doing 'something' or not doing anything, we perceive polarities. I speak only for myself as a Son of God, and as the light of this world, a purpose given me by edict of my father. Peace is in BEing, from that peace, and only from that peace can come the ever spreading act of love, embodied in loving thought, and action to and with our fellow brothers. The result, is the awakening of the world, to the eternal truth.

We look on a child having their 'life' terminated by a madman, be that up front and personal or by global conflict, as some sort of loss. Sure we do, why? because we exist within the framework of the ego thought system, that is itself a falsehood. Yet Raj tells us, NO, that is not a loss, it is not an ending, it is merely a misperception. Hard to swallow? sure is. for me at least. But, and this is my personal view only. If I join in the "issue" I hold myself and the world back. I don't profess to understand this, by my logical mind, but you know what? its by my logical mind, that I spent 39 of my 49 yrs, stuck in situations that brought no lasting happiness, love, joy, and least of all peace, and did nothing for those around me.

I feel, for me, that doing something that attempts in some way, to demonstrate my desire to spread love, by sending packets of rice, to show my inherent dislike to war, is one such way....there are a million others. I don't see that turning my back on the perceived issue is the answer either. But I don't have to buy into the need to perpetuate such a clearly dismal thing as the attack/defense ego roundabout.

I guess, I can demonstrate what I can do best, by offering what I can, of myself. without expectation of return. I would illustrate this, by a letter I recieved yesterday, from the sister of one of my group participants. I have never met this lady, and know nothing of her, other than her obvious pain. This lady is deeply depressed, suicidal, and her ego is having a ball with her. Everything outside of her is to blame, and everyone is guilty. She asked for help, I responded after turning to the alter inside, and asking that my words may be the words, of Jesus. She has replied, thanking me, for being the first person to have talked to her in 25 yrs about these sorts of issues, and for not judging. She has asked more about the course, and I am right now, asking whether I should pay this child of God, a personal visit. What the answer is yet, I am not sure. When I know from my peace, what it is.....I shall take action, the action of my guidance.

So finally Sandra, the other way for me, is to turn to the alter, and be prepared to hear an answer, without first having decided within what boundaries I want to hear. Each of us will arrive at the point of peace, by circuitous routes. None of us are wrong. All of us have within us, varying degrees of ego left. We can only do what feels peaceful to our higher consciousness. And listen to that one truth, that is a truth no matter what.

"There is no death because the Son of God is like his Father. Nothing you can do can change Eternal Love. Forget your dreams of sin and guilt, and come with me instead to share the resurrection of God's Son. And bring with you all those whom He has sent to you to care for as I care for you."   ACIM.

Let us join in giving power to our prayer, the power of trust, that he will answer our prayers, in the exact proportion to our willingness to hear his answer.

Namaste Sandra.

Douglas.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software