Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The more humility infuses itself into you, and the more allowing you are of it, the less opaque your mind becomes, and the more light that can shine through." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Authority problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-12 3:05 PM (#2159)
Subject: Authority problem

hmmm, here goes my brain again, winding up to full steam ahead. (damn) hahah

I remember a short time ago listening to Ken Wapnicks series of tapes on the authority problem, and part of it spoke at length that even in the feeling of being the 'protector' of our children in effect we were placing ourselves above the protection of our Father God, and this was the authority problem. In other words there is only one authority, and that is God.

In robbieh's question to me from another thread, (shown below) I thought "ah is this an example of the way we see ourselves as the protectors. I guess that society wold say "yes" we as a parent/spouse are the defender, the final say almost. I would be interested in the veiws of more enlightened ones here. Not on the question from robbieh, but on the question of the authority problem.

Shaking my head here. Here is a scenario on a smaller scale. Please tell me what you would do:

You and your child/spouse are held captive by a desperate man trying to evade the police. Lets say he is a murderer facing the death penalty who escaped from prison by killing 2 guards (who leave behind wives and 2 small children each). The police surround your house and try hard to negotiate with this man. He will not negotiate with anyone because he is ranting and raving and pointing guns to your heads. A sharp-shooter is called in. By your logic, a bullet to the head is a bullet to the head whether it is your head, your child/spouse's head or the madman's head.

robbieh: Here is a scenario on a smaller scale. Please tell me what you would do:

You and your child/spouse are held captive by a desperate man trying to evade the police. Lets say he is a murderer facing the death penalty who escaped from prison by killing 2 guards (who leave behind wives and 2 small children each). The police surround your house and try hard to negotiate with this man. He will not negotiate with anyone because he is ranting and raving and pointing guns to your heads. A sharp-shooter is called in. By your logic, a bullet to the head is a bullet to the head whether it is your head, your child/spouse's head or the madman's head.

Thanks in Love.
Douglas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software