Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: RIGHT NOW YOU'RE CONFRONTED WITH REALITY. NO MATTER HOW YOU ARE PERCEIVING IT, YOU ARE CONFRONTED WITH REALITY, YOU'RE CONFRONTED WITH THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE FOR YOU TO BE EXPERIENCING.~~Raj
- (Added by: amena)

from waaay down below {{jennie}}
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Jennie
Posted 2003-02-15 6:43 AM (#2300 - in reply to #2063)
Subject: RE: from waaay down below {{jennie}}

Elite Veteran

Dear Amena,

The words you have expressed here hold the greatest of truth for me. If I recall correctly, I was reading them under a thread in which I was feeling attacked by them. As I went through the week I was inspired to believe they were not meant to attack, but rather to respond to another post of mine where we were posting on the subject of the power of thought. In either case, I choose for joy. And if that means not posting or not visiting TGP as often, because of my personal feelings of reading attack into contrary postings of authors other than Jesus or Raj, then that is what I need to do.

My life is busy with family life and job responsibilities, in addition I am in the process of rewriting some old manuscripts. I don't have much time to put into  writing eloquent posts and therefore may come across as blunt. I came/come here to fellowship, to read and present different perspectives on subjects I am interested in, and to once in a while find nuggets of golden thought from various written words. I don't like contention, and prefer to avoid it like I would avoid cow dung on the road, but sometimes I do step in it when I am not paying attention and have to cleanse myself before continuing, or hope it wears itself off before I get to where I am going.

Some people here, including you, Dear Amena, seem to carry an aura of respect and authority on the board. I have no desire to get on your bad side, or anyone else's because of my posts. At one point last week I felt like my words were being twisted and softly fed back to me, and I became very defensive, to say the least, preferring to withdraw from the subject. If it was while in this defensive state of mind, that I took your words to be anything other than an expression of your opinion on the power of thought, I appologize.

Peace to you,

Jennie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software