Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "the Holy Spirit looks at things through the eyes of Oneness......... so join with the Holy Spirit.... then look at things. you are in the Kingdom of Heaven right now...... you are just looking at it through this torque/bias that you have applied." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

A different view on Iraq
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-09 2:42 PM (#1942 - in reply to #1875)
Subject: RE: A different view on Iraq (nmi)

Hi Sandra,

I hope I dont start an inferno, but I guess I must protest, and I will not be popular for doing so. Your statement

[We always have before, no reason to expect anything different this time. (What if they want to set up a new government that the United States doesn't want..but that's a whole different debate)

is simply not true, when you examine the credentials. This applies not only to the US, but to ever warring nation throughout history...... where there is strategic (war) importance yes, sure we help the rebuilding and setting up of "friendly" governments, or in more recent years post WW2, where there is economic and resouce importance, oh yeah, then the Gold flows, but elsewhere.........look again.

I guess what I am saying is if we want to gain an honest opinion one MUST look at all the facts, which is almost impossible because we are not privy to them.

The issue is not war with Iraq, or peace it is the basic mindset of attack and defence, of judgement and ego. That is what I mean, when I say "there must be a better way" ......I am not talking about doing nothing, but I am not talking about the only means being war.For the healing of mankind, we have to see war as redundant in the way of solving issues, from the home front to the global front.

The second point of that sentence Sandra is a very very important one.......the Western world once had a "friendly" head of state in Irag's neighbour, the Shah of Iran, what happened as a result was years of atrocities which a blind eye was turned too, and finally after his exile, another western enemy!

I agree with your last line, but extend that too, "does anyone really know whats its all about?" As I put to Robbieh, some peace demonstrators demonstrate war, in their violance of thought and action. Marrianne Williamson eludes to this from her past often.

Just some thoughts, In Peace.

Douglas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software