Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You have a responsibility, because what you think has its affect - and you cannot get away from that." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

A different view on Iraq
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

robbieh
Posted 2003-02-09 11:36 AM (#1911 - in reply to #1875)
Subject: RE: A different view on Iraq

Expert

I did ask guidance and was very surprised at the answer. Grand words about love and peace mean absolutely nothing if we are not willing to act on them. It is easy for us here to speak in flowery terms about finding peaceful solutions to difficult problems. We are not living in terror every moment of every day.

I am chosing to stand up and say very clearly NO! to terrorism in a way that will protect the largest number of people in the swiftest way possible. War is a very sad thing. I know, I was in the Army during the Viet Nam War. I sat up many a night with friends re-living the horrors of that nightmare. I do not take war lightly but if we have exhausted all other methods and the madman persists, we need to stand in support of our brothers and sisters suffering there and ACT.

I ask you all, if you were able to speak to the citizens of Iraq who live in the terror of Saddam's regime, would you speak to them the same way? Words mean nothing to them. That is the easy way out. It is standing on the fence in a way because it requires nothing of the speaker. It requires no involvement with our fellow human beings who need assistance. I could go on and on but it wouldn't serve any purpose. This is a complete reversal from what I believed previously. I so objected to Bush that I refused to listen to a word he was saying and refused to believe he was coming from integrity on any issue. In this case, I do support him and pray for him. He has a terrible problem to deal with. He could use our prayers. The U.S. has many faults yes, but we do one thing well, we do come to the aid of fellow human beings while others watch from a safe distance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software