Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: ALL THE POWER OF THE UNIVERSE STANDS READY FOR YOU TO MAKE A NEW DECISION...... SO THE GIFT YOU GIVE IS ONE THAT IS UNIVERSAL ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

A different view on Iraq
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

robbieh
Posted 2003-02-08 11:40 PM (#1851)
Subject: A different view on Iraq

Expert

Recently, a documentary aired on the Discovery Channel that completely changed what side of the fence I jumped on with regard to the impending war in Iraq. Saddam Hussein truly does need to be stopped. At this point in time, we are the most prepared and able country to do this. Saddam is a monster of incredible proportions. He has no respect for human life and will do anything to keep himself in power and his country held hostage to his selfish needs. I just heard a report of him sitting in a cabinet meeting. One of his advisors tried to urge him to do or not do something. Saddam took him into the next room, shot him in the face and left him to bleed to death while he strolled calmly back into the meeting. He has already used chemical weapons to annihilate an entire town of men, women and children in his own country.

Because of all this new information, I am withdrawing my support of the anti-war movement and urging the rest of you to remember what Raj told us in September after the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington DC. We must say NO to terrorism. There are times when drastic action must be taken to stop someone who is clearly out of control and a danger to the world around them. Sometimes that means innocent people will also perish.

I asked for guidance on how to see this situation. All of the information came back that we must stand in support of President Bush and act responsibly to say no to terrorism, even if that means declaring war.

I also have to agree with many points in the following commentary by Neil Cavuto of the Fox News Channel aired on Thursday, February 06, 2003:

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,77829,00.html

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software