Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: VALUE ONLY TRUTH, THE REALITY OF ONE SELF. AND ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL DISAPPEAR. WAKING UP IS GIVING UP IGNORANCE--ACIM
- (Added by: Solsonia)

I'm very very sad tonight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Stefanie Finn
Posted 2003-02-09 4:40 AM (#1880 - in reply to #1837)
Subject: Hi Jeanette.

Veteran

[[I am so deeply saddened.]]

I understand.

I found out a wonderful friend on mine (Vincente) had cancer the other day (lung) and I called him. He barely speaks English so when I catch a phrase I'm relieved. He was talking about his life and the fact that he had been waiting for years for his residency papers (for Canadian citizenship) to come through. Then last week they finally came through, only to find out a week later he's very sick. Then he said something that touched me so deeply I'll never forget it:

"Life is a problem and we have to find the solution."

This pretty well summed up the Course in one sentence.

I got off the phone and cried deeply for two hours. The beautiful thing is, they weren't tears of depression or sadness...they were tears of deep gratitude.

Through my tears I was celebrating the mysticism of life. I felt deeply blessed.

I am grateful for the wisdom in Vincente's heart...and to be quite honest, I wouldn't have such appreciation for him if he hadn't gone through a life time of trials.

"Through trials, Children of God realize that God has been there all along." (my guidance)

Your friend,
Stef
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software