Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: THE ONLY TIME YOU GET WHAT YOU REALLY WANT..... IS IF YOU'RE WANTING WHAT GOD IS BEING ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Am Curious . .A question . ..for ACIM/Raj students
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Jennie
Posted 2003-02-09 12:09 PM (#1914 - in reply to #1830)
Subject: Why we age, IMHO

Elite Veteran

I have my own theory about why we age.

When I look at someone who I think is about my age, I find myself thinking things like, "hmmm--they have more gray hair than I do", or, "wrinkles around the eyes too, I see". Thoughts are always manifesting themselves when I see people, such as, "I wonder how old they are?" or "he looks about as old as my father".

With thoughts such as these, how can I ever expect to skip ageing? I see the wrinkles 50 year old's wear and I know that's how many I should wear at that age. Every year when my birthday comes around I know I'm a year older. The media tells me my body will start to break down and will need this or that medication. How can I avoid it?

I have read that if we stroke our bodies and praise them, if we imagine them healthy and wrinkle free, they will become the way we imagine them.

Remember, "the words I AM, whether thought felt or spoken, release the power of creation immediately." (The Magic Presence by Godfrey Ray King) How many times a day, week, or month do you say something like, "I'm tired, I've worked a long day, and I'm tired." or kiddingly remark when a young person make's a remark about being old, "you think you're old now....", you know what I mean.

With a belief system such as this, with this mutually agreed upon belief system, how can we possibly learn to stay young.

Just don't give up, keep trying.

IMHO

Jennie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software