Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: BE WILLING TO USE YOUR BROTHER FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECOGNIZING THE CHRIST IN HIM........ AND THEREFORE THE CHRIST IN YOU ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Am Curious . .A question . ..for ACIM/Raj students
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Jennie
Posted 2003-02-09 5:55 AM (#1886 - in reply to #1774)
Subject: RE: Am Curious . .A question . ..for ACIM/Raj stud

Elite Veteran

Dear Trish,

This is an excellent, stimulating question. I was raised on the Saint Germain Series of books, which teach that we do not have to go through the death process. It was a learning experience for me, as I grew older, to become aware that few other people knew of those teachings, and I was anxious to share with little acceptance. As an adult I've often voiced my belief that when Jesus said (a paraphrase here) we could all the things that he had done, and even more--that is what he meant, including ascension, and have been met with more criticism and rejection. Many times, as with in-laws and friends, I've had to agree to disagree, or, as it often turns out, agree to not bring up the subject, or the get-to-gather turns into a shouting match, which, I confess, is not Christ like.

The 'mutually agreed upon definitions' the society I live in does not include the possibility that the Kingdom of Heaven is not a place, but a state of mind. Most Christians, and those of the Jewish faith (that I know of), believe that if they live a good life full of biblical studies, that they will go to Heaven. They will not even entertain the concept that it takes a transformation with-in ourselves, a raising of our consciousness and purification of our thoughts, to even begin to understand the Kingdom of Heaven, and--it is required.

The Course in Miracles and the teachings of Raj are the best source of this type of curriculum I have come across in the thirty years I have been looking. On one hand, we are fortunate to have this available to us through the internet and access to the book, on the other hand, we are so bombarded with distractions (media, books, computer games, internet boards etc) that the process becomes more difficult. We have too many options and don't learn to focus. Worst of all, the almighty dollar has taken our attention away from what is important.

IMHO

Jennie

Edited by Jennie 2003-02-09 11:21 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software