Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You were not born to die. ~~ Text
- (Added by: Carson)

Am Curious . .A question . ..for ACIM/Raj students
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Posted 2003-02-08 4:24 PM (#1807 - in reply to #1774)
Subject: RE: Am Curious . .A question . ..for ACIM/Raj stud

Hmmm.......... what are we talking about here, the "death" as percieved by man, ie the cessation of breathing and heart beat, of body, of organs, of flesh? or the death of that which we are......spirit, thought, and an idea in the mind of God.

My introduction to a different way, was the question: "Doug, what is your purpose in life" followed up by "why is it that as far as man can tell, we are the only species capable of stepping OUT of our minds and actually observing our thoughts" Those two questions stopped me cold.

If my "life" was composed only of 70 to 80 years..then nothing.............then it was pointless, and the ability to observe my thoughts, well that had to be something other than my body. I mean in an intellectual and scientific way, what IS a thought?? and yet we can see them, are aware of them, and can create with them (or miscreate)

Thus the concept of death has no meaning unless we view the finite existence of this vehicle the body. So, I am no scholar, dont know much about anything really, but it seems to me, that what Jesus and now through Raj is trying to tell us, is to let go of the identification of the body as the meaning of life, as the beggining and the end.

If we do that, we see with great clarity...that of course death does not exist. the form changes not the content. I actually feel welcoming toward the idea of the end of my body, because the promise of a continuing journey of discovery excites me.

I also think that as Raj said to someone (I think it may have been Michael) a few weeks ago..... you define your years here, by a span of time, if you knew or believed you would live to 400, then you would be doing at 70, what you now do at 20 in your current belief..(not an exact quote) is the exact fact, we delineate our "life time" by the current accepted maxims.

I wonder if my not knowing much scripture, or philispolical readings, is more of a help to me, than not. Hmmmm... I think tis aye!

Great question... but I reckon that I might concentrate on Now, and leave tomorrow to its own ends. LOL

Namaste all.

Douglas.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software