Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "CREATION IS THE MOVEMENT OF THE MIND OF GOD, WHICH GOD SEES AND RECOGNIZES HIMSELF IN. IT IS ALL ABOUT GOD. FROM FIRST TO LAST, IT IS ALL GOD." ~~ Raj.
- (Added by: amena)

For Trish, plus a P.S.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Sandra
Posted 2003-01-20 8:00 AM (#100 - in reply to #92)
Subject: RE: For Trish, plus a P.S.

Elite Veteran

“There is much truth to the old saying that woman is body, man is mind.”fficeffice" />>>

>

No doubt coined by a man. This quote is simply showing how men view women. It is a demonstration of a limited point of view. >>

>

“ Women have always – and in all cultures – wanted to reveal their physical form. Even in those religious communities where the woman are heavily clad, that law was issued by the respective male authority, but the woman wants to wear less and less. Studies have proved beyond doubt that the reason for this is that the woman gets sexual gratification from being looked at.” Makes one wonder where sexual abuse really started, doesn’t it? Who’s really got the unawakened mind you referred to?”>>

>

I don’t believe it has anything to do with women doing this for the kick of showing off their bodies. It is a control issue. And women use their bodies as a control mechanism.  A leverage if you will. Please pardon the pun. Cultural and societal influences are also a factor. We believe what we are taught. >>

>

“You said “I'm wondering if it isn't the female's role to help refine the male's thinking”, how can that not be condescending and chauvinistic?”>>

>

I agree.>>

>

“With as much respect as you can receive this, the cold facts are the reverse and will forever be so.”>>

>

I disagree. >>

>

Each gender can and does affect how society thinks, and on rare occasions, how an individual may think. Bottom line seems to be that each individual past a certain age is responsible for their own thinking. It’s a copout, at some point, to blame someone else. >>

>

“Does any rational woman anywhere really believe that all males think of is sex?!”>>

>

Only when they’re not getting any.>>

>

“AND, looking through historical records, what gender are most of the ‘gurus’ who have given us the spiritual teachings? Yes some women, but mostly males. Why is that?

> >

And who wrote the historical records?  Historical records are not factual records. Surely you don’t believe things just because it’s in print…as in “historical record”.

> >

Gurus….you are speaking about a patriarchal society who oppressed and held down a whole species because of its sexual organs. (lack of muscle and aggression, too. I’ll give ya that) Who do you think would listen to a female guru. Come on …think about it. Think it all the way through. Plus, if the females went off up into the mountains, who do you think would tend to the world’s future leaders…who would change their diapers.

> >

Yes…Why is that?” indeed.

I’d be leery of that research report, too. I think someone is pulling your.......leg.

> >

> >

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software