Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "WHEN YOU WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP SO THAT YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE THERE FOR SOMEONE ELSE ... IT CAUSES YOU TO BE ... VERY, VERY ATTRACTIVE." ~~ RAJ

---
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-02-07 12:28 PM (#1669 - in reply to #1602)
Subject: 72 heavenly virgins

Originally written by Rissey on 2003-02-06 1:38 PM

I don't see 'intimacy' as a sexual thing. I am intimate with my daughter Tara, my son Rayne, my girlfriend Ardell, my sister Audrey. So I shall have to simply use the word sex when talking about sex.

Every special relationship carries with it limitations derived from the mutually agreed upon definitions pertaining to the relative roles of each participant.  Mother/daughter, mother/son, girlfriend/girlfriend, sister/sister - certainly each of these roles is well defined and enforced through societal structures.

Each intimacy is variable and absolutely subject to the roles.  Certainly you have some intimate sharing with ardell, that you would NEVER share with audrey. Likewise does rayne hold intimacies that are not shared with mother.

I say there is greater intimacy in the relationship of lover/beloved...... and that this holy relationship is the path home.  Lovers hold no secrets...... they cannot be constrained by structures which don't include them.  Lovers reveal everything unto each other..... even their secret pleasures..... even what cannot be revealed to sister or girlfriend or son or daughter.

Sex is just sex to me.

Well now...... i've experienced sex as means of giving mutual pleasure through passionate and affectionate intimacy....... and i've experience sex as a taking and using pleasure as anesthesia for pain and depression...... and i've experienced sex as an obligatory duty assigned through a role i have accepted as my own.

One blows the socks off the other two.

I CAN'T see the difference. So please, if someone knows

Perhaps you should come to washington. };-)

But I also enjoy working in my garden, eating seafood tettrazini, swinging on a swing.

Indeed..... and are not all these activities even more enjoyable... when enjoyed with your lover?  When lover meets beloved..... each moment is precious intimacy..... every moment together is glorious.

So there, now I see 2 reasons for sex.....to bring new life, and cause I do lots of things that makes me feel physically good. Are there any other reasons for sex that you see, that I don't?

The Urtext says that the only valid reason for sex is procreation.  Procreation is simply two coming together to produce something.  Societal roles tell you that this means little baby bodies...... but lovers know of something different..... something they create together that is forever theirs...... that has nothing to do with sperm and egg...... but everything to do with passion..... and intimacy.

"What would our union bring to us?"  This is the question lovers ask.

I'm very fond of Rumi:

Advice doesn't help lovers!
They're not the kind of mountain stream
you can build a dam across.

An intellectual doesn't know
what the drunk is feeling!

Don't try to figure
what those lost inside love
will do next!

The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.