Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: " ... nothing is accomplished through death, ... " ACIM Sparkly Book
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

The Holy Instant and war
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Field of Flowers
Posted 2003-02-07 3:06 PM (#1686 - in reply to #1647)
Subject: RE: The War Prayer

Expert

I understand your concern Charrisse, our son was in the army at the time of the last war in the middle east. He wanted to go to war, it was just a game to him.(He's the original Peter Pan, bless him.)
Luckily the closest he got was as part of the UN Peace Keeping Force in Cyprus.
Our son did his best to keep us poor too with money for his cars.
Fortunately some years ago I managed to let go of my children and stop worrying about them. It was extreemly difficult as I had virtually brought them up on my own, (their Father worked abroad for 18 years.)
Our daughter married and made it very clear that I was not the light of her life anymore, (that was hard but she was right, so I stepped back.)
Our son lives in Cornwall with his girl friend, he went through some very tough lessons but he seems to have found his feet now.I used to dread his phone calls they were always doom and gloom and more money to bail him out.We finally told him that he had to sort himself out. And he has.
We love him dearly and haven't seen him for 13 months but that's okay.
We let go and let God.

I had no idea my little post would have such an effect,but as I believe that God speaks through me, it must follow that He posts through me also. (smile)
Sweet Thoughts
Heather

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software