Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: How could anyone ever tell Us we were less than beautiful? How could anyone ever tell Us we were less than Soul? How could anyone fail to notice that Our Loving is a miracle -- how deeply We're connected to the Whole. w/thanks to Libby Roderick
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

Bible curious
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-02-05 10:35 PM (#1550 - in reply to #1524)
Subject: Blasphemy

Originally written by Dougoz on 2003-02-05 6:26 PM

I am curious,

as a person who only came to the course 13 months ago, and having never in my conscious experience in this life, ever had any contact with spirituality, and also from a child had a deep resentment, perhaps even anger, towards Christianity in its taught form, of a God of wrath and retribution etc, I find that there are frequent quotes from the Bible.

Hi doug..... pay attention and take benefit from my words.  The Course is a book about forgiveness.  It talks a whole lot about forgiveness.  It talks about how we got this misperception which makes us see everything wrong..... and that forgiveness exchanges that misperception for true perception.

You have a grievance against the bible..... this grievance of yours twists its holy words into something ugly and distorted.  Were you to forgive the bible..... and what it represents in your mind..... the words would sing to you of a beauty yet unseen.

The Course came from frustration.... "There must be a better way!"..... does this not apply to the bible as well?  I tell you what i know.  The bible, like the Course..... is an incredible book of knowledge...... full of great mystery..... and mystery upon mystery.  Oh do you know of love?...... only the deepest depths are revealed through intimacy.  Mmmmm..... how i love intimacy.

How can you be intimate with one you resent?  Why would he you hate reveal himself?

There is a great lesson here for you indeed.

but it makes me wonder to what I should be listening to for my best growth from the lost spirit I was, to one who is slowly awakening.

My advice would be..... that you should not listen to the resentment. Forgive the bible..... see it in a new light.  The Course is written in christian language..... uses christian metaphysics...... and employs over 900 bible quotations.  Sounds like someone is trying to tell you something.

I like what Jesus said to helen in the Urtext Special Messages:

[I am the only completely True Witness for God. You have every right to examine MY credentials - in fact, I urge you to do so. You haven't read the Bible in years.]

In particular Rissey quoted John 2: 13-16 which is often used by some in other forums, to point out that Jesus was angry and not loving at times, and therefore justify there own apparant anger, which to me is an anathema (think thats the right word LOL)

And now i will tell you something about reading the bible with new eyes.

[13When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" ]

Where is the anger? Point it out to me..... for i do not see it.  The passage does not speak of anger. I checked matthew 21, mark 11, and luke 19.......still no anger.  The anger is an assumption....... which is inserted by the mind reading...... seeing anger in this passage.... is the result of habitual mental patterns.  But...... there must be a better way.

When i read that passage...... i see a deliberate and purposeful statement...... a calculated action...... to bring what was.... and was to be.... together.

Jesus was an expert on scripture.  Isaiah had already prophecied this would happen..... Jesus knew what He must do before he ever even entered Jerusalem.  He made sure that His entrance shook things up and got the attention of the top dogs.  He had to piss them off enough to kill Him...... and He only had a few days.

I hope that someone can enlighten me here, as I am truly curious

I wrote a book about seeing the teachings of the bible in a new way. I think it is a very good book.  Perhaps you would like to take a look.  The book is called "Blasphemy".

http://amminadab.com/blasphmy.htm

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software