Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "THE ONLY PLACE YOUR JOY CAN COME FROM . . . IS FROM THE JOY YOU'VE GIVEN YOUR BROTHER FIRST." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Mary and the 7 Demons
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-02-05 12:37 PM (#1502)
Subject: Mary and the 7 Demons

Hmmmmmmm....... just drawing on recollection here...... so again the details might be fuzzy.

I was thinking about mary....... and the love she had for Jesus...... and i began to wonder why....... why did she love Him so?  Of course there were many women who loved Jesus (evidently scores of them were named mary)..... but what set magdalene apart?  Why did she love Him so?  In what way did He affect her?

Surely she loved Him because He was her Teacher...... and the Teacher/student relationship is based upon love..... and is intent upon love...... but before that...... why did she love Him first?

I seem to recall that He had healed her of seven demons...... now i don't know much about demons..... but it seems His presence in her life had quite a big affect.  What is a demon?  And what would be the burden of carrying seven?

I ask these questions truly..... for i don't know much about demons...... to what do they refer?  Are they addictions and mental illness?  Or is that just the symptoms?  Are demons the thoughts which lead to gluttony, lust, and greed?

Are demons agents of the antiChrist?  Or are they too fantasies?...... if Satan is but God's tool........ then are demons just angels in disquise?

I think mary was very pleased to be rid of her demons.....whatever they are.  I think her heart overflowed with gratitude for her release. Perhaps someone can add something here.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

• RE: Mary and the 7 Demons - kev : 2003-02-05 2:16 PM
  • RE: Mary and the 7 Demons - Ingram : 2003-02-05 6:39 PM
  • possession before the Resurrection - amena : 2003-02-05 8:01 PM
  • RE: Mary and the 7 Demons - Ingram : 2003-02-05 9:02 PM
  • Jump to forum :
    Search this forum
    Printer friendly version
    E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)