Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: IN ORDER TO WAKE UP....... YOU MUST HAVE AN OBJECT OF YOUR AFFECTION ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Help,curiosity to see things differently
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Jennie
Posted 2003-02-03 6:43 PM (#1427 - in reply to #1380)
Subject: Baby Steps

Elite Veteran

My dear Mark,

I see I am not the only one telling you--you are not alone. I struggled with depression for many years as I sought inner peace. Sometimes I would lay awake at night trying to think of a reason to go on living. I cried for no reason, day after day. Finally I sought help from a professional.

But there are two things I learned on my own that keep me out of the depression now.

1- I cannot be depressed when I am helping someone, volunteering my time with someone who needs what I can give.

2- When I feel low, I explore my feelings--try to really feel what I feel. And I allow myself a time to feel this emotional low--like say--maybe three days. I can never remember if it works or not, because I forget about it. So I think it works for me.

I think of the two, #1 is the most important.

Recently Raj said, "We value understanding far too highly". I strive to understand everything he tries to explain. I know he's right, yet I probably will continue to try to analyze it all.

Another thing he said was that when we have extra time, instead of losing ourselves in studying, that we should be out volunteering. Helping some one learn to read, or whatever we can do that needs doing. So, again, I think #1 is the key.

When I was so far down, people said to me, "snap out of it!" Well, that's easier said than done. Baby steps are possible though, just one baby step at a time.

Hang in there Mark,

Love, Jennie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software