Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: " ... nothing is accomplished through death, ... " ACIM Sparkly Book
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

ammi.....magdalla
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

amena
Posted 2003-02-02 4:14 PM (#1317 - in reply to #1303)
Subject: Magdalene Christ's lover

Expert

hi ammi~

i have been very busy with network focus today and have not had chance to post or do much reading since this morning but am  peeking in for a moment before resuming the tasks this day has required.

i have felt close to magdalene for a very long time. she is in a couple of my paintings  and while working on them i experienced the depth of love she had for Jesus and the devotion and strength with which she carried on His teachings after His resurrection.

one of the most moving experiences was when i was doing a painting at Easter....... called "the pain of the cross". while considering the women who loved him........the extreme sorrow that they must have felt........ it was like i personally experienced the depth of magdalene's aguish......... surprisingly it was from the point of view of lover not just follower. it was extremely intense.

the image used in the lantern for the gospel according to mary is from a site that i visited while looking for information about the Feast of Magdalene. the countenance of the image as well as the colors......really struck me.   this is the link

http://northernway.org/mmag.html

"we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman." ammi.......... isn't there a place in ome of the gnostic text where it says Jesus would kiss her on the mouth in front of the other disciples........ or was it a vision i had? hmmmm.

divinelove*
amena

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software