Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You are only ever addicted to that which takes you away from your peace.~~Raj
- (Added by: Erica)

A haiku
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

oko
Posted 2003-02-02 6:56 AM (#1257)
Subject: A haiku

Expert

A biology teacher, whom I am particularly fond of at college, confesses to finding poetry a waste of space, unless it's comical and direct. "Why isn't it more obvious...what's the point of it?" he asked. (I imagine that there are a few people out there that might like to ask that of A Course in Miracles too!)

Grinning, full of mischief, I said..."So what's the point of a painting? Why not just have the real thing and be done with it?"

Now I LOVE poetry and Shakespeare...all that indirect, obscure stuff. My brain loves the hidden and convoluted.

But, hey! Horses for courses...yeah?

Now, this same biology teacher loves all things Japanese...as I do. "You can't get more obscure than a Haiku." I said later. He confessed to being forced to write one during his Japanese studies. "Ridiculous..." he said...but he had a go. He's a real sport!

I said that Haiku's are designed to by-pass logic. (I did not say the ego as well...because it didn't seem right to.)

But for anyone who loves the obscure, here's a Haiku that I hope you will enjoy.

I don't know what the Biology teacher would make of it. (He might think that it depends on how well developed his non-reptilian limbic system is!!! [silly grin])

Y'ere t'is, anyway with an unpacking of it underneath:

An old pine tree preaches wisdom,
and a wild bird
is crying out truth. Anon

You just have to be alert enough and you will find the whole nature is full of wisdom, and the whole existence is crying out truth from different sources.

You just need open eyes, receptivity, sensitivity, awareness, and this whole existence becomes your home.

Zen is concerned absolutely with your relaxation because only in relaxation does one sink deep enough into the original sources of life.

The whole existence becomes a totally different phenomenon the moment you disappear. Hence, you are the only problem. If you can dissolve your problem…it means you have to dissolve yourself. So there is no salvation for you, there is only dissolving yourself into the ultimate. And there is nothing greater, nothing more majestic, nothing more miraculous.

The Zen Manifesto: Freedom From Oneself (Osho)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software