Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE . . . AND LOVE IS YOUR WILLINGNESS TO ASK THE FATHER FOR THE EXPERIENCE OF THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR BROTHER." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

Satan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-02-02 1:38 AM (#1245)
Subject: Satan

Hmmmmmm..... rissey and amena seem to be in agreement....... Satan is a divine tool.  Lol..... around these parts, that would be a zinger of an insult.  A tool being merely an object manipulated by a source of intelligence for some purpose.  I guess that puts Satan and i into the same class...... as we have both been referred to as tools.  Hmmmmmm...... i kinda like that...... it seems a tool is far more useful than a puppet...... Raj should take note...... **IMPROVED METAPHOR**

I mean..... it works for me....... but does it not create a strange paradox when applied to satan? Does in not make God the Author of Evil?

Hmmmmmmm...... reminds me of a story in the bible....... For some strange reason, God had forbade david to take a census...... but david took on anyway...... and so he was punished by God in the manner of killing 70,000 of his people (or some such nonsense).

Now then..... the question is...... why would david go do a darn fool thing like take a census when he knew it was expressly forbidden?  What would inspire him so?

Well..... the bible doesn't clear it up much because we have two different versions of the event.  the first version is from 2 Samuel saying?

"Again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, 'Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.' "

But 1 Chronicles says:

"Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel."

So who inspired him, God or Satan?  Is satan the "anger of God"?  Sounds like David was set up.  Hey david, don't do this/spssst hey david.... do it.  He's a victim put in an impossible situation.

Worse yet is poor ol' Job...... this poor dupe got beat up time and again.... worse and worse and then even worse..... as God set Satan to do his worst..... even as Job maintained his faith that God would remove his affliction..... and then tool Satan would make it even worse.  He lost his wealth, he lost his livlihood..... he lost his children one by one..... he had boils and open soars.... and he never had doubt that God would spare him....... sucker.... little did he know...... Satan is God's tool.  I presume so that He can maintain that false face of innocense.

Oooh.... perhaps i've said too much...... let's see where this takes us..... but watch out for that paradox.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

• RE: Satan - Ingram : 2003-02-02 9:04 AM
  • learning tools - amena : 2003-02-02 10:45 AM
  • RE: Satan - Amminadab : 2003-02-02 3:53 PM
  • RE: Satan - Sandra : 2003-02-02 4:03 PM
  • Jump to forum :
    Search this forum
    Printer friendly version
    E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)