Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The more humility infuses itself into you, and the more allowing you are of it, the less opaque your mind becomes, and the more light that can shine through." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

showing my gratitude
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

BJ Cook
Posted 2003-02-01 12:53 PM (#1155 - in reply to #1138)
Subject: RE: showing my gratitude

Expert

So beautifully put, and Heart warming.

I 'just happened' to turn on the tv a while ago on impulse and saw the news of the tragedy of the Shuttle. I was in Daytona, FL when the first Shuttle explosion occurred. From my place on the shore, I could see the explosion as we(a number of friends) were watching the Shuttle come in for the landing with great expectation. At the explosiion, it was as if we all froze in disbelief.

Today, the memory of this came back. My compassion was for the families here who were waiting so expectantly for their loved ones to land. At times like these, any form (for me) of dis-satisfaction or complaint, no matter how tiny,is seen in its totality: stupid. We are soooooo blessed.

Jesus had told me not to TRY to understand.

My daughter tel'd me this morning and asked how I was. My reply: "totally glad to be alive".

Thanks, J.

BJ
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software