Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Give no reality to guilt, and see NO reason for it ... That is the ANSWER! ~ Raj - 18/11/07 ( submitted by DoG)

"Trials are but lessons presented once again. . ."
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Trish
Posted 2003-02-01 9:24 AM (#1132)
Subject: "Trials are but lessons presented once again. . ."

"Trials are but lessons presented once again so that this time you can choose correctly" ~ACIM

Has anyone been experiencing the real significance of this statement out of the Course? The reason I ask is because of the ongoing temptation to see ourselves as unfairly treated which is deeply rooted in our psycheee's. . .to see ourselves as victims in moments of assault from the ego, either our own or from the egos of others.

I was contemplating a situation that happened yesterday to me wherein I felt I was rudely rejected by someone I had been communicating with by e-mail for awhile and this someone was very very dear to my heart at one time. He was the "love of my life" We had a relationship of sorts (it certainly was not conventional) but profound and I learned alot (painfully, of course) since those lessons are the ones that drive home deeply the message. Anyway, 10 years ago he married another and we decided to "remain friends" within appropriate guidelines we agreed to.

Anyway, as most of you know, there is an "instant Messenger" program that comes with MSN 8. Well, this gent signed me up for it and then told me he made a mistake and wasn't ready to have dialogue with me reminding me he was a married man and "didn't need any side shows" etc. I was crushed because I had been relating to him appropriately (hello how are you, is everything ok. .etc.) one or two lines, just maintaining touch because I THOUGHT we were still friends.

Well anyway, thru the feelings of humiliation, thankfully I asked my Guidance how to respond (I was about to reply with something sarcastic) to that since my ego felt thrashed, humiliated and I felt totally like a fool and yadddy ya . . all that goes with those feelings. But my Guidance said say this: "Yes. You are quite correct. . you certainly don't need any "side shows" at this time. (As I gritted my teeth and typed away hehe). . but I did as I was directed and typed exactly that. His response to me was: Thank you. My response was: "You're welcome. Please be at peace." and he responded "thanks again."

I felt some pain and then dismissed the incident but still smarting a bit under my breath.

This morning in my meditation I was shown that this event wasn't about me. . It was about I being "his teacher" (as in his life history he hadn't been faithful in his relationships) and that we had just set up the scenario for him so that he could "this time choose correctly"

During our very tumultous relationship he was the "heavyweight" teacher by providing me with many opportunities to "this time choose correctly" and so, I had presented him some also. Wow, was my heart ever joyful at this realization. The truth of what was really going on was revealed to me, because I asked . . setting me free from thinking any negative judgements that were dancing on the periphery of my mind just waiting to gain a foothold and so I am very greatful and feeling a bit more clear this morning.

I remembered too what is truly going on. We (he and I) had agreed somewhere in the halls of eternity to help each other "develop our characters" well, at least he chose to help me but you can be sure it took along time for me to really get this.

And I feel these are very important points to remember because it helps undo hurt feelings whenever one feels unfairly treated. That "there are no accidents in salvation. . those whom you are to meet you will meet" . We are all students and teachers to each other. We all agreed to play "good-guy, bad-guy" scenarios in order that "this time we could choose correctly."

Just thought I share this because the temptation is always to see the other guy as the one having the problem. When in truth, the dance that is happening, is really the lesson we both agreed upon in order to choose again.

"Whenever you are tempted to feel unfairly treated, remember this need not be"
"The only thing missing in any given situation is what you haven't brought to the situation"~ACIM

Trish

Edited by Trish 2003-02-01 9:28 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software