Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "we're talking about having a new fixation. not a fixation on yourself... on your visions and imaginations.... but a fixation of God........ by looking for God in everything you see and desiring to see what God is meaning right there in the flower or your brothers eyes..... and facilitate that movement by disengaging in criticism and guilt." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

As God appointed ...you have the right
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

amena
Posted 2003-01-31 10:29 AM (#1042 - in reply to #1037)
Subject: thinking thinking

Expert

"to think only that which you choose think", is my own personal way of ridding myself of ego. Indeed, I have no control (yet) of all that is brought forward to me, but I have great control of what I do with what is brought. I simply choose to "be" in a state where there is no ego. If I "think" that I am stronger or know more than the ego, then the ego is still there and I am only playing with it - "I am bigger than you ego!". And again, if I choose to even "think" that there is no ego, I am still playing with it, for it is always there if I think of it in no matter how many different ways. So what I "choose to think", is not to think. When I am there, I am only God."

this is very good advice rissey......... and pretty much in line with what Raj and the course teach if i am interpreting all correctly.  Raj always says........ "just stop thinking". if we are thinking than God BEing is not happening......... as our thoughts are completely intergated in the whole of how we are perceiving our experience and projecting onto it.

what is the key to not thinking?  it seems  easier said than done. that little monkey mind loves to listen to itself chatter!

only love*
amena

Top of the page Bottom of the page

• from your reply last night rissey - amena : 2003-02-01 6:10 AM
  • i am only God - Orinda : 2003-01-31 11:23 AM
  • RE: editing my posting - Amminadab : 2003-01-31 3:46 PM
  • RE: As God appointed ...you have the right - Amminadab : 2003-01-31 4:02 PM
  • Jump to forum :
    Search this forum
    Printer friendly version
    E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)