Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR WAY INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS TO FEEL YOUR WAY IN." ~~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

---
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-01-31 3:16 PM (#1067 - in reply to #1026)
Subject: RE: ohhh, the many awarenesses late at nite

Originally written by Rissey on 2003-01-31 1:22 AM

It is a law of nature that nothing ends but only changes and the cycles repeat themselves endlessly. Nothing can be clearer than the solar cycle of seed to seed by which nature eternally renews herself. If we think of the soul as the seed from which a progression of bodies springs, each coming to the end of its cycle in due time and the soul returning to seed again, enriched and made stronger by the experience, then we have a glimpse of how the doctrine of reincarnation conforms to the laws of nature.

The law of nature...... has the wolf devouring the sheep.  The Law of God...... says that the Real is changeless.  Certainly i would not think of the soul as a seed for a progression of bodies..... and perhaps i'm just one to buck the cycle.... having sworn not to die.  I hardly think that reincarnation reaches the level of doctrine.... for reincarnation cannot be true in any real sense. So what good is a meaningless doctrine?

I would tend to discard reincarnation for resurrection..... and the laws of nature for the Laws of God.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software