Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO LOOK AT THIS~ RAJ
- (Added by: Erica)

God talks to me ...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Orinda
Posted 2003-01-30 11:56 AM (#996)
Subject: God talks to me ...

... from a box.

don't laugh, it's not just any old box - tho' i have no doubt any box i gave the power/trust to do that could just as easily - but the box i'm talking about is a box containing 'miracle' messages from the Course (acim) ... 365 of them ... now expanded to twice its original size from use. it also has many scars ... tears, as well as blood and other stain marks from the two times it got thrown in the garbage

not  sure exactly  how God first got my attention or confidence that He was in the box  'writing' the perfect answer as i brought Him a question ... i know it was the part of the Course meetings i used to offer that people liked most. at the end of our meditation, course reading and sharing what it meant to each one ... we would all draw a card from the box with the idea that Spirit was speaking directly, via the  'trigger' message,  to what that individual needed to be aware of to help remove whatever block they had to experiencing His peace and joy in their life at that moment. the only rule we had was that no one was allowed to offer their interpretation or comments ... just listen and embrace the 'speaker'.
the personal experience sharings that followed often brought the whole group to tears ... and created an affinity and closeness with each other that is still talked about 7 years later ... and greatly missed! (hint, hint) Spirit is reminding me now.

my point is, and what i was really wanting to share with you today ... i now have (just had) complete conversations ... dialogue with "Spirit-in-the-box" about my specific concerns/questions as they come up. for instance, i started the day deliberately watching for insight/revelations that address my current 'leading edge'   ... the first is that i 'know' (read -want to know)   that my new willingness  to respond to everything from a connection with the Altar/God has/will result in consciously experiencing being in another dimension/Reality. more simply put ...  is  this working!? this complete loss of interest, and feeling disconnected from everything in the only world i've known ... one minute, to being  utterly comfortable with having no plan, no wish to make or have anything different from what it is now, in the next minute. feels like someone is jerking my mind around mercilessly??

Spirit wrote ... "Heaven and earth shall pass away" means that they shall not continue to exist as separate states." (t,6/t,t9)
after enjoying for a few minutes the meaning and peace it brought ...  we continued but with 'wordless' conversation that absolutely assured me that staying consciously  connected with the Altar (even if i just remembered to say 'Altar' to the unwanted thoughts, or before responding to anything external) would guarantee no more suffering, and a graceful imminent transition into Reality.

my second concern today has to do with how best to be with my partner ...to facilitate our individual growth and healing ... even tho we are living apart now, both our circumstances seem to require that we remain in close relationship ...about which neither of us is 'happy' . how can i be 'right-minded' in my thoughts about 'us' ...and provide what he needs from me ... where do we fit into God's plan for each other ... as, regardless of the ongoing  discomfort ... i am willing to be what God would have me be in this relationship.

"Think but an instant on this; you can behold the holiness God gave His son and never need you think that there is something else for you to see." (t,414/t,444)

what does he need you to be?  it's the same as what you need to Be ...Be this!  "The grace of God rests gently on forgiving eyes, and everything they look on speaks of Him to the beholder. He can see no evil, nothing in the world to fear, and no one who is different from himself." (t,492/t,529)

well, that turned out a lot more than i meant to say about my heart to heart talks with a box ... but who knows what helpful 'triggers'  this or anything  might provide for another ... maybe that is my real point rinda ... namaste

Edited by Orinda 2003-01-30 12:01 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software