Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “I have made it perfectly clear that I am like you and you are like me. But our fundamental equality can be demonstrated only by joint decisions.”~RAJ
- (Added by: Sun~Rose)

Ammi, please enlighten and inspire me ...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-01-29 11:32 AM (#921 - in reply to #907)
Subject: Communists

Originally written by Orinda on 2003-01-29 8:06 AM

if you can?

[" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."] (mark 9:23)

how did they manage to 'hold the vision/focus', meet the needs of the individuals and the group at large, as well as support the more visable/public 'teachers' like the disciple group of 12 who worked more closely with Jesus.

[All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.] (Acts 4:32-35)

and, oh btw, when Raj was talking with you at the 12-12- 02 gathering ... he mentioned that miriam wasn't healed of her lameness because she didn't want to be ... was this  the 'miriam' (peter's daughter) you wrote about in a previous post?

I don't recall, perhaps the quote would help.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software