Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: VALUE ONLY TRUTH, THE REALITY OF ONE SELF. AND ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL DISAPPEAR. WAKING UP IS GIVING UP IGNORANCE--ACIM
- (Added by: Solsonia)

Some thoughts re Individuality and Personality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Trish
Posted 2003-01-28 6:51 PM (#868)
Subject: Some thoughts re Individuality and Personality

I've been giving some reflection on "individuality" and "personality" as there appears to be confusion surrounding these concepts from anyone who studies the Course. The Course states that we made up a world(view) we [think] we perceive, made up of ego structures that developed as a result of the falling away from our concious awareness of Oneness into a perception of separateness and fear (ego)called mutually agreed upon definitions that don't reflect God's Point of View.

From what I understand Raj is teaching is that, when one has relinquished one's ego, then personality is no longer evident since fear no longer blocks the Truth of our Being. One no longer gives "opinions" (personality) because God's Self-expression which is specific as well as universal is no longer blocked, thus full realization of the Truth is experienced and known. (You'll notice, Raj does not give opinions).

When everyone awakens to their Christhood, nobody disappears, it's the world of misperception that disappears and all the ego structures that solidified the defense as well as our body (defense). The body density disappears and all reconfigures into Light as God originally designed Himself to be. However, the energy pattern of everything God created remains visible yet expressing in all its beautiful light.

I believe Jesus of Nazareth was and is the clear expression of God's creation of Himself as individuality and modeled the perfect concious expression of God as Jesus. The concious expression of each one of us when we awaken to our Christhood will be all-knowing in equal relationship with Jesus and each otheras the brotherhood of Man, God expressed.

I don't get anywhere it says in the Course that we all lose our identity (only the ego disappears together with the world it made up together with the misperception of a dense body) and meld back into a blob of indestinguishable light. God expressed Himself in a zillion forms for His pure enjoyment. I get that our joy is in the recognition of this mystery and the ever ongoing adventure of wonder and discovery of all that He has created for His/Our enjoyment.

I don't know how well I've expressed my understanding here but invite anyone's comments or thoughts about this they'd like to share?

Trish
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software