Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Trust is the wedge that holds open the ever-clamping shut mind. Trust allows for Truth to enter.
- (Added by: Trish)

---
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-01-27 5:34 PM (#756 - in reply to #750)
Subject: Grand Equalization

Originally written by Rissey on 2003-01-27 4:04 PM

dearest Amminadab,
please take a moment to look at these 2 comments you have made:

"At least that is how it seems to you. Frankly..... i doubt that anybody on the planet has a better understanding of the Course than i do."  
(Thread: Pushing your buttons. Post: Breathing... #673 12:54)

"Hi Jeanette,
You are so sweet..... but i'm going to ask you to read again for content. I didn't say that i know the Course better than anyone on the planet."  
(Thread: hmmm...and pushin' buttons. Post: RE:hmmm...and pushin' buttons #730 12:5

Amminadab, clarify for me your understanding of the difference between having a better understanding of something than anyone else on the planet; and knowing something better than anyone else on the planet. I only wish to know your story of this, nothing more, so please hesitate and think twice before you try and patronize me with your response. I am very clear of the vast space between understanding and knowing.

Hi rissey,

No  patronizing..... but it is really quite simple.  In the context of these quotes, i would consider knowing and understanding to be the same.  I wasn't playing word games.

The fact is, that the structure of what each quote says...... is entirely different.

The first says the nobody knows the Course better than i do.

The second says that i don't claim to be the only one in this position.

Put them together and they show a Grand Equalization.  Can you see?

Do the work...... and nobody will have a greater understanding than yours..... because once you know it complete..... you know it complete.  There is no greater than complete. 

It does get slightly more complex.

Graduating the Course does not make me greater than other graduates...... once understood, there is no greater....... and there are no illusions of greater...... for all Teachers of God..... are working from the perspective of Oneness...... all working in concert.  Therefore....... another Teacher's understanding cannot be greater than mine...... because it is mine.

The Teacher's Manual clears this up a bit under the chapter entitled "How many Teacher's of God does it take to save the world?"

Ultimately........ one.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

• RE: No - Donna : 2003-01-28 8:14 AM
  • RE: Grand Equalization - Tom S. : 2003-01-27 9:50 PM
  • Jump to forum :
    Search this forum
    Printer friendly version
    E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
    Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software