Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: LOVE IS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT ... BY BECOMING UNDEFENDED AGAINST YOUR BROTHER AND SISTER ~ RAJ/EDWIN

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Jennie
Posted 2003-01-27 5:43 PM (#757 - in reply to #709)
Subject: Kahil on giving

Elite Veteran

Hi Trish,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond for my plea for help. When I am given time to contemplate her request I feel like I come up with an answer in what to do, and it is more often than not a gentle but firm "no, you must get yourself out of this. This is what adults do and so must you."

But then I read from The Prophet by Kahil Gibran on giving, "You often say, 'I would give, but only to the deserving.' the trees in your orchard say not so, nor  the flocks in your pasture. They give that they may live, for to withold is to perish. Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and his nights, is worthy of all else from you..."

And  then I read your sage advice..."Takes far more strength to say "no" when appropriate. Remember his story about the begger at the gate and his disciples? They refused to give him alms. . but did give him what he needed to hear." And I know that you are right. It is hard to say no, but I said no to my older children, and now they are self sufficient. I hate to see her out in the cold. But maybe that will spur her into doing what she needs to do to stay out of it.

Blessings,

Jennie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software