Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Curiosity is an aliveness to the unexpected. (Raj)
- (Added by: Stefanie Finn)

Pushing your buttons
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Amminadab
Posted 2003-01-26 11:50 PM (#668 - in reply to #646)
Subject: Pleasantry

Veronica wrote:

Being rather new to TGP I find it remarkable that your posts are met with such ..........  I am not sure of the correct word........passionate irriation ..... that works I suppose

Well i think it should be obvious that some are responding to something other than the ideas within my posts.

Of course there is a history here.  When i first came to tgp, i included Urtext quotes in my sig. I now refer to these as "the forbidden words of Jesus".  Some here, decided that my postings of these quotes...... was nothing more than a means i was employing to stick my thumb in the eye of paul tuttle.  Certainly they were wrong...... but they thought they were right.

I would not bow to their insistence that i quit posting such quotes...... and a war of words broke out...... with much vitriol on both sides.  Eventually Raj posted a message which settled the issue.

Yet...... many of these same people still take offense at most everything i write (though some of them have come around to like me };-)

You do tend to counter with fangs (bite me is a good example).

Oh the bite me is surely fangless...... some see it as a badge of honor.  Lol...... i once had to read back about 30 of them in a court deposition.  I think of it in the tradition of Jesus........ this is my body, eat me!

His disciple's said "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"

And many of the disciples left then......  no longer following Him.

Curious numbering on this quote....... it is John 6:66.

The rule on interacting with me..... is really quite simple......you get what you give. Hey.... that's a Course quote...... imagine that!  Treat me with respect, and i shall surely treat you with respect.  Find value in seeking my favor, and i shall find value in seeking your favor. Those who have tried such...... know that i speak truly.  A well polished mirror cannot help but reflect.

However, I have found your initial posts to have a great deal of merit.

Well thank you, you are very kind. (see how it works?)  I always attempt to put great meaning into each of my initial posts...... and much work goes into them.  I do not write quickly..... because i choose each word very carefully....... sometimes taking many minutes to get one word.  Often a post will take me two or three hours to compose.

Your website has an incredible amount of information.  You have so much to share......

You are a woman after my heart...... so sweet.  My website is shortly to have its grand re-opening following its grand remodeling (thank you amena).  It is my life's work..... it is my gift for my children...... and a beacon to my brothers.

But, it seems like a large number of people here get passionatley irritated by you.

Oh it isn't just here..... it happens in almost every spiritual discussion group i enter.  The way Raj seems to explain it is this: I do not buy into the commonly agreed upon definitions which perpetuate the illusion.  When i point out that these commonly agreed upon definitions are bogus, the egos sustained by such agreements become angry and defensive.... seeing my departure from the agreement..... as attack.

The only spiritual group that has not been passionately irritated by me....... has been the thursday night Raj group.

You are rough, like sandpaper, but you seem to be the right tool for the job.

I'm really not that rough at all...... though i'm sure it seems that way at times. I am a teacher. I have a function to fulfill.  Jesus even commended the dishonest manager, saying he was more shrewd in dealing with his own kind, than are "people of the light."

I'm pretty single minded on having people abandon their illusions..... when they cherish their illusions, i guess it irritates to have me push.  I say get over it.

Let's talk about the point, not the poster, maybe that would help.

Well..... they're not even talking about me....... but rather about some twisted perception of me which they think they prefer.  Jesus said, "The message and the messenger are one."  That's in the Urtext (snicker).

I sure enjoyed this interaction, veronica..... thank you.

Peace forever,
Amminadab

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software