Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "CREATION IS THE MOVEMENT OF THE MIND OF GOD, WHICH GOD SEES AND RECOGNIZES HIMSELF IN. IT IS ALL ABOUT GOD. FROM FIRST TO LAST, IT IS ALL GOD." ~~ Raj.
- (Added by: amena)

The Perfect Super Bowl Seat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Tom S.
Posted 2003-01-27 10:36 AM (#701 - in reply to #601)
Subject: RE: The Perfect Super Bowl Seat

Veteran

greetings this fine day to all!

Carson, you have a way of bringing smiles to my face. You offer joy...thank you! I thought i would share with all of you an experience i had recently.

My mom passed away about a year ago. It was not a peaceful passing in worldly terms, our family was very upset. One night, several weeks ago i was just beginning to go to sleep when i heard this voice tell me that i will remember this converstion later but only when i recieve a certain call. He went on to say, "When you receive this call, trust me, it is the real deal..believe it, it is my gift to you". Later that night, at about 4 o'clock in the morning i was in the midst of lucid "dream" when my sister picked up a phone across the room and turned to me and said, "Tom, it is for you...it is mom". As i walked to the phone, i remembered what was told to me earlier. I picked up the phone and heard my mom say, "hello, sweetheart". Her voice, and the way she said it was beyond words...all is well..."trust me". I broke into tears, thanked God for this gift, and immediately awakened in earthly terms but knew something special had just occurred.

As far as football and competion in general go, Amena's reply above highlights something that has bothered me for some time now. And because Raj just talked about not sitting on the fence claiming "I don't know what the meaning of this is, i'll just ignore it", i guess i will present the following questions...or rather say what i'm going to say:

I really don't understand the meaning of competion. I really love the game of golf and hope it is part of heaven. But then i wonder what would it be like if golf was a part of heaven and we (people that like golf or football or any form of "competative" endeavor) were capable of shooting perfect scores all the time, where would all the fun be? On earth, it seems as though we receive incredible satisfaction from overcoming obstacles... whether that overcoming of an obstacle take the form of an instantaneous healing of a cold, learning a cool riff on the piano, or trying to break par on a golf course. I wonder if trying to "sustain the dream" is due in part to the fear of perceived boredom once all "challenges" have been met.

And so, I will follow the advice of Raj and try to get off the fence by asking all of you, Raj, our guides, anyone who cares to answer:

What is the meaning of competative sports? Do my awakened "elder" brothers and sisters play golf? Did you ever play it? Does the Kingdom of Heaven include the joy of that perfectly executed five iron, under the pressure of tournament play, into a tight pin on the 18th? Are there pianos and great music(including the blues)in Heaven? Am i off the beam even asking these questions? I hereby choose to experience clarity...even if it means getting my hands slapped alittle.

sincerely,

Tom
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software