Home Page
Home Page
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "each of you has been entrusted with something very holy..... this something that you have been entrusted with.... is the Presence of God...... BEing God right where you are." ~ Raj
- (Added by: amena)

A process of releasing the past
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Jennie
Posted 2003-01-26 7:26 AM (#585 - in reply to #575)
Subject: RE: Inspiration (A long outpouring sorry)

Elite Veteran

WOW. (again). What ever I say it will not do justice to the impact of your story. I was very moved--not from pity, maybe compassion, but more from your strength.

Thursday, at work, we had two awesome customer service trainers who told us a story about a woman whose husband was very dominating, verbally and physically abusive. One day he went on a trip and told her not to leave the house until he got back. Well, a salesman came, and could see she was prime for his agenda, and he convinced her to come to his hotel on the other side of the river, where he would "give her ideas on how to make it better with her husband".

The salesman was very good, and when his agenda had been accomplished, it was the next day, and the woman knew she had to hurry home. Well, there was a madman on the bridge who was killing everyone who tried to get over it, so she went down the river and tried to convince the ferryman to give her a ride, promising to pay him double when she got her money. But he wouldn't give her a ride across the river without first being paid.

So the woman went back to the salesman, and he laughed and said that was her problem, and shut the door in her face. She went to her good friends house, who also lived on that side of the river, and after reluctantly telling her friend all that had happened, her friend also said she couldn't help. That she couldn't do anything to come between her and her husband.

The poor woman decided to run across the bridge and take her chances with the madman, who, of course killed her.

The trainers then asked each table to rank whose fault it was. Our table ranked the woman as being #1 at fault, with the madman way down at #6. Until the trainers began to tell us the "rest of the story". Basically it was a story of a mother whose daughter had been tragically killed by a man who was all drugged out on some kind of drug. Suddenly the story gave us a different perspective and the whole room was quiet, for most of them had rated theirs similar to ours.

There is a point here. I don't know if you read my story down lower in a thread about the signifigance of Raj's meeting on Thursday. I think it is titled, "Easier Said Than Done--Need Help". Listening to your story, both times, has made me think about my dilema, and has me exploring other options that may be helpful to her. I still don't know the answer, but hopefully it will motivate me to look, and maybe her outcome can be positive.

Have you ever thought about writing your own book about your experience. What you've written is very moving. I'm sure you will have responses from other people too, but I want you to know I appreciate what you've shared. Now I know your story and you are a being of worth to me.

God bless you,

Jennie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software