Santa Claus converting to Judaism ....
roxana
Posted 2019-12-27 12:48 PM (#233504 - in reply to #233503)
Subject: RE: Santa Claus converting to Judaism ....

Thanks William, Judy.

Looks like my sense of humor has changed too.  Come to think about it, I don't really know what humor is, not when i look at it.  Seems like it used to be making light of something that posed a problem, I guess a way of making light about heavy or controversial things.  Fair enough.

"My thing" of late is not so much laughter but rather "wow, did you see that?" For instance, we had a friend over.  The daughter of 3 was getting cold outside and started to cry.  When I noticed, I asked if she would like to go inside.  After her interchange with parent, she came running over and we held hands during the little walk to go inside.  My!  What a tiny hand that is, and soo cold.  Inside, I offered  her cup of warm tea. She was busy playing Legos in the living room and had the container of tea on the table with the legos.  i sat little distance behind feeling a little empty and just sitting there. In a minute or so, she left the blocks and turned around, walked toward me and asked:  would you like me to say 'thank you' ?

I stared then answered clearly:  yes, i would like you to say thank you.  

She said thank you and added.  Would you like some love? 

I stared again and finally came to and said:  yes, I would like some love.

She reach out and put her hand on my shoulder and held it there for a few seconds.  I was still in 'shock' when she got my attention again by withdrawing her hand and saying kindly, with a smile but without hesitation,  'that's all for now'.   And back to legos she went, while i just sat there a bit a longer, letting all that move me.  

Not everything that 'wows' me is that clearly direct.  That particular experience sure was because it addressed my need so very clearly and directly, and quickly too, and by golly,  it felt as incredible as Raj's example of driving through a wall at 60mph and getting to one's destination on time without getting hurt.  How could one expect all that sensing and clear recognition of needs from a 3 year old that barely knows me and to whom i never said a word about my need?    

I will be paying attention to the next time  I laugh. 

Edited by roxana 2019-12-27 1:03 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page