Am Curious . .A question . ..for ACIM/Raj students
Jennie
Posted 2003-02-09 11:41 AM (#1913 - in reply to #1896)
Subject: Pearls before swine

Elite Veteran

Heather,

I agree, it is extremely difficult to swim against the current. Many times throughout my life time I have decided it was too difficult. Sometimes even on this board, and I have opted out. Not out of life, but have quit fighting the current and have gone with the flow. Every time I have regretted it. One time in particular, a close friend who had great faith in my faith, witnessed my despair and low heart and heard my words of surrender.

This affected her, and she gave up fighting the current too. For me it was a short break, but for her it lasted several years. Finally we have been able to confessed the mistake, but look at the years it has taken off our progression. I was surprised to hear my statements had really affected her to such a degree that she gave up all her magical ways, like talking to plants and healing others. I didn't know I had so much power. I wonder who else was effected--or not effected by her, or by me.

Don't give up. It is worth the struggle and all the pain. I've known someone, personally, who came very close to making it happen. (From the other side he told me he didn't quite make it :-{  ) He was belittled and condemed, but never gave up. He is my inspiration. If we don't make it in this life time, at least we will be that much closer in the next, and from what I understand, we will be placed in circumstances that will facilitate and promote that spark of desire we bring with us. Maybe we will be placed with parents, such as yourself, that will nurture the faith, instead of stomping it out.

IMHO, and with love,

Jennie

Top of the page Bottom of the page