Forum Listing
Forum Listing
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Accepting the Atonement for yourself means not to give support to someone's dream of sickness and of death. ~~ Text
- (Added by: Carson)

Raj on: Living/Working in a Non-Spiritual Atmosphere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

Pamela Parnell
Posted 2017-10-10 7:42 AM (#224271)
Subject: Raj on: Living/Working in a Non-Spiritual Atmosphere

Expert

Excerpt from: Raj @ Monterey, CA 1987

Audio: http://pamelaparnell.homestead.com/1987_Monterey_CA_Tape_3_Side_2.mp3

[Starts @ Tape 3 Side 2 – 04:55 minutes]

QUESTION: At the Marin workshop, I made a contact for getting a new job, which is at the homeless shelter.

RAJ: At the what?

QUESTION: At the homeless shelter. And I am quite perplexed about why I am there since it seems to be essentially a non-spiritual atmosphere. And I seem to be essentially . . .

RAJ: . . . you are so lucky.

QUESTION: Shall I continue? [Laughter]

RAJ: No, I have more to say. Because there is not spiritual structure, you are not confined. There is not something you have to conform to. And this means that you are free to be the genuine expression of Love. You are free to be appropriate with whomever you come in contact. You are free to be the spiritual presence that has nothing to do with dogma, with theology, with conceptual religious structures. Why do you want to hold this activity to a structure that, in the final analysis, you wouldn’t want to conform to?

Spirituality is embodied in the gift of yourself, the genuine sharing of you, the unpretentious communication of what you deeply and humbly feel. So, you are in an environment where you can be the spiritual presence that you are asking the organization to be.

Speak up.

QUESTION: But . . . but . . . but . . . but . . . but. Actually, it does appear that . . . I mean one of my questions is whether or not to hang in there and persevere because essentially the kind of person I am is not appreciated there very much. 

RAJ: I hear a little bit of self-righteousness there.

QUESTION: No, I don’t think so.

RAJ: I think so.

QUESTION: Well, I am being passed over for salary increases and promotions for people who essentially treat the people there in rather derogatory terms. And it seems like those kinds of ways of dealing with the people are respected whereas mine are considered rather wishy-washy and female and flighty. I mean I can fight this battle, but I’m just curious about whether I should be making my stand in this kind of . . . I’m not getting much support there, let me put it that way.

RAJ: Let me ask you this: has anything else or any other alternative presented itself to you?

QUESTION: Not presently.

RAJ: That is because your Being is not unfolding it. And, if your Being is not unfolding it, then it is not what identifies your fulfillment. Obviously, I am encouraging you to allow yourself to be present where you are and give the gift of you humbly, graciously until something else appears. And to the degree that you allow yourself to be fully present where you are, you will lay the ground work for other avenues to open up. But, if you go for the other avenues, you will slight where you are, and the other avenues will seem to elude you. It is not time to leave yet. It is not time for your gift to be withdrawn whether it is being appreciated or not—valued or not. That’s the end of the answer.

QUESTION: Thank you.

[Ends @ Tape 3 Side 2 – 11:10 minutes]
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software