Forum Listing
Forum Listing
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: RIGHT NOW YOU'RE CONFRONTED WITH REALITY. NO MATTER HOW YOU ARE PERCEIVING IT, YOU ARE CONFRONTED WITH REALITY, YOU'RE CONFRONTED WITH THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE FOR YOU TO BE EXPERIENCING.~~Raj
- (Added by: amena)

"The end of the world is not its destruction but its translation into Heaven."
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

judyh
Posted 2017-09-10 8:36 AM (#223758 - in reply to #223750)
Subject: RE: "The end of the world is not its destruction but its translation into Heaven."

Expert

Something comes to me to say...Instead of resisting hopelessness another word comes to mind: Persist.  Resistance to anything feels to me to be a lot of work...you see the thing you must be "against" or fight...fight Trump, fight cancer, fight this or that...but persistence, well, it's something that really in many ways, it's already happening.  There is SOMETHING and some presence always there, in every situation in every person, saturating every moment.  That presence itself persists, it just persists and persists and persists.  It appears that it actually does nothing else!  We are the presence of that persistence of God.  Because we exist!  In order to resist, there must be something to be against...whereas persistence of presence that is already happening just is, and everything is included and absorbed into it's goodness, truth and beauty.  

I feel it in myself...if I think I have to be against something, it makes me feel kind of bad inside.  Or if I think I must carry a torch to be crusading for something too.  There is another place inside me I feel when I ask for what the truth is....when I remember to do so.  It's like a pendulum coming to rest, and it's where I can RECOGNIZE the good, the true and the beautiful.  The delusion I must right the world from all the wrongs gets dispelled, for from there I can experience Heaven.  And every action or deed done is an invitation to that persistence of Heaven instead of an exhausting attempt to resist hell.  It's like your quote, that everything can be translated into Heaven.  It almost feels like it is done for me...well, when I remember to allow the help in.

Edited by judyh 2017-09-10 8:41 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software