Forum Listing
Forum Listing
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Always say "YES" to the present moment. Tolle
- (Added by: Field of Flowers)

And before anyone thinks I'm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Gathering Place (TGP)Message format

garlyn
Posted 2017-09-04 4:52 PM (#223622 - in reply to #223609)
Subject: RE: And before anyone thinks I'm

Oh gosh! Obama was not the FIRST black President?  Oh, that totally takes away the great enthusiasm, celebration, and national pride felt by all of the supporters of this great accomplishment for our country – to live to see the day when a black man could actually be President.  Oh no. I feel like my sails have been deflated. 

Is that the reaction that you were hoping for, Sun~Rose? Is that the intent behind your repeatedly bringing this up – the belief that others would buy into it and it would delegitimize Obama in the eyes of supporters and of history?  

You are free to believe there were six black Presidents before Obama if that fits or defends your belief system, and offer as proof that this is nothing personal on your part by making it clear that you believe Washington, Lincoln, and Eisenhower were great black Presidents, but perhaps you might want to look again at your beliefs around all this and your repeated offerings for others to suspend common sense and join in this "alternative fact". 

I mean no disrepect, Sun~Rose, but wanted to perhaps offer a response that you were seeking, and a chance to look at that? I wish you Peace with this. 

Love, Lynn

Edited by garlyn 2017-09-04 4:59 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software